Front headlights won't work

Asked by Oct 30, 2011 at 08:44 AM about the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

We have a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix.  We have replaced the bulbs and checked the fuse which was okay but the front headlights still will not come on.  The bright head lights and running lights still work.  We had it put on the machine and the person said it was a wiring issue.  How do we replace the  wiring for the headlights?

Brandon Hammond

i had a similar issue, check the housing unit to make sure its not corroded causing the lights to not turn on. if not that follow the wring the best you can and see if there are any cuts or nicks in the wires causing no power sent to the lights keeping them from turning on

Michael McGrail

I had the same exact issue with my 2000 grand prix. In that insance it was a faulty parking brake switch. The parking brake deactivates the headlights and DRL.. Depending on which headlight switch you have, GMs column mounted headlight switches are notorious for going out and only killing only the low beam headlight function (marker lights and high beams still work). The dash mounted switches do not have the same issue. Hope one of them help you.

Robert Lavallee

the ebrake will only cut the drl's not the headlights if u turn them on manually, does the fan for the blower work my ign switch failed and the fan only had high speed and when i had it on any lower speed the drl's shut off and the headlights also did if they weren't turned on manually.

if there is power at the low beam fuses replace relay #35 in the underhood fuse box.autozone #206179.cost is 36.00.hope this helps

Michael Porter

Omg my day lights not working would my emg brake have anything to do with it ,, I have tried new Bulbs, nothing ,, the car still dings letting me know that I have left my lights on but they not working ,, It seems they are in drive in mould !! is there a way to Manuel but them on

Sean Davis

Faulty neutral safty switch... try moving the gear shifter back and forth from park to 1st over and over again. the lights should eventually start working again. its happend to our 07 GP. A few times and its always worked.

Just had the same problem with my 2006 pontiac grand prix. The headlight switch was replaced with no luck. The fuses and the headlights were checked and they were both fine. Finally it was figured out that the relay needed to be replaced. Hope this helps all of you fellow grand prix owners!

I just bought a 2006 gxp and d/s low beam was working and p/s low beam wasn't. I decided to replace both low beams and when I did this, both light don't work at this time. there is no power going to the low beams at the harness, and at the fuse box...what can this be?

Sean Davis

PROBLEM SOLVED...I have a 07 grand prix 6 cyl. and the low beam headlights would intermittently shut off a couple times a month. I replaced the headlamp relay ACDELCO Part # 15016745 it is $25.79 at Its been 2 months without any problems.

Sean where is the head lamp relay located?

Sean Davis

The relay is located under the hood in the fuse box labeled #35 DCM Module. I got mine from; ACDELCO Part # 15016745 Main Relay GM Original Equipment One of our most popular parts LOW BEAM

Sean Davis

here is a pic of the relay in the fuse box. a red straw is pointing at the relay

I have a 02 grand prix. All my lights work okay but when I put my turn signal it won't flash. And just the left side of my emergence lights turn on?

Joe Turzanski

Sean! You da man! Thanks for the pics of the relay and box position. Reading the GM "key" to the fuse/relay box and relay descriptions is more confusing than indoctrinating. Of course they do this on purpose. My local GM Dealer wanted $125.00 just to LOOK at the car and give me a price to fix it. And they have the nerve to act SURPRISED when I tell them I've been a lifelong die-hard GM man (at 58) and I'll never buy another GM product again! LMAO!

Cody Mathis

Thank you Sean. I've been wondering why this kept happening. It totally worked. I really appreciate you.

Becca Rollins

Changed the fuse worked for about an hour is back to not working. What else should I look for?

I have a 2008 grand prix, low lights are not working. replaced relay, worked for a little bit, and then quit again, bulbs are fine, and fuses are fine. Mechanic says there is no power from fuse box but wants 125 dollars just to look, what could cause. I have tried everythrelse I have read on here.

Becca Rollins

Heather there a relay switch for the lights have Auto Zone or Orelliy they can look and find for you

10 must have a short by the wires around the fuse box. Try wiggling the wires that are near the fuse box under the hood and see if the lights come on and off.