Why won't my headlights won't work at all on my 2002 grand prix gt. Never had this problem until now

Asked by Jul 19, 2015 at 01:30 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

I had hid lights that blew, replaced with
factory and after two days my headlights
won't even come back on.. all other lights
work fine, and headlight bulbs don't look
blown.

70,815

Check for power at the bulb sockets. I'm assuming that "hid" in your original post was a typo. HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlights were not original equipment to the car. If the system was converted to HID you'll need those types of bulbs. If you have no power to the bulb sockets check for a bad relay in the underhood fuse box. If you have no power at the relay sockets check for a burned out fuseable link down by the starter. HTH. -Jim

I've had HIDs for years and anytime the bulbs would blow I'd always put my factory lights back in and never had a problem

20

it could be the switch for the emergency brake it controls the headlights! Also under the windshield on the dash is two holes or one led and one hole or whatever. under the hole there is a set of wires with a resistor plugged in, it is a photo resistor if you pull it out and short it with a wire plugged in each wire the headlights will come on if this is it if not put the resistor back in! I know a lady that put a dash pad on her dash and the headlights would stay on!!!! The light switch is usually what it is just replace after testing the switch on the E-Brake!!! if the e brake switch is okay than replace light switch the one on the left side dash!!! also never forget to check fuses......: )) I hope this helps someone .....