I have a 94 Chevy caprice Wat fuse will not allow the car to stay running

Asked by Mar 14, 2015 at 10:58 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Caprice LS

13,605

No fuse will not "allow" the car to stay running. The fuse is a circuit protector that will interrupt the electrical power in the event of an overload usually caused by a short. Once it is tripped or blown, it stays off until reset or replaced. So if the car starts, then will not run, it may be in the computer. It may be a sensor that tells the computer to shut down the engine to prevent damage due to a reading it is getting. It could be from the smog sensors, even a clogged catalytic convertor.