Intermittant ignition problem

Asked by Apr 02, 2016 at 11:36 AM about the 2002 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

My 02 SL2 with 140,000 on it has an unusual ignition problem.  It jerks violently intermittently and I assume it's ignition related?  Have replaced plugs and the wires, ignition control module, coils, crankshaft position sensor.  The repair shops can't get the car to malfunction for them.  No codes on computer.  Cr cranks and runs perfectly, idling happily for an hour or more, no problems.  Car purchased new and meticulously maintained.  Any suggestions?

When you say it jerks violently what are the exact conditions when this happens is it when you're pressing accelerator or it's at idle or when you're at Full Throttle? Could be your throttle position sensor but we need more information can you elaborate more please.

It could also be a fuel delivery could be your fuel filter to not sure?

I sold the car to my cousin last week and she knows a good, honest, reasonable mechanic and he discovered a couple things; first the fuel system was "clogged up all the way to the fuel injectors" and "something was going on with the spark plug wires." He cleaned out the fuel system, replaced the fuel filter and plug wires, and she reports that the car is running great now, so far so good. Thanks to all for the suggestions, got us looking in the right place(s).

No problem I'm glad I could help!