I have a 2002 Saturn SL2, The lock cylinder doesn't work well. i have to try to turn so many time in order to turn the key to start the car. I have checked with auto zone, the new lock cylinder doesn't come up with a key and i have to rekey myself. Is my car problem normal with Saturn and it is hard to rekey the new lock cylinder in order to use the existing key? thanks

Asked by Jul 20, 2015 at 07:39 PM about the 2002 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

I have a 2002 Saturn SL2, The lock cylinder doesn't work well. i have to try to turn so
many time in order to turn the key to start the car. I have checked with auto zone, the
new lock cylinder doesn't come up with a key and i have to rekey myself. Is my car
problem normal with Saturn and it is hard to rekey the new lock cylinder in order to use
the existing key? thanks

19,130

The key maybe worn have you tried your spare key ? You can also try spraying some WD40 or PB blaster into key hole ignition it may help.

19,130

Or you can try some graphite

1,205

If you do get your keys re keyed go to a quality store to get it done

Thanks. Which store do you recommend>

1,205

Hi yeah my cousin found a lawn mower blade sharpening place where they do different things like that like sharpen blades replace your lock cylinder make you keys that kind of stuff I would just try to find a place that will actually take the lock and reset the tumblers in your lock and make you a new key. My cousin just did it with his Saturn so go to a place that not only makes keys for you but one that will do more than that actually a locksmith like someone you would call if you lock your keys out of your car I would go to a place that's more professional that deals only with locks hope that helps, with my cousin's Saturn he has to replace the steering column cuz he cant get the wheel unlocked the security lock on it so he just replaced the cylinder lock but that wasn't it it was actually the column that the lock locks into so good luck with that one.

Thanks. I bought a new part at O'rally costed me $90 and had a friend helped me replaced the part. The part is so expensive. Thanks for all your help!!