I have a 2001 Saturn SL1 and it won't start and the steering wheel doesn't lock. When it did start I had to jiggle the key before it would finally turn over. The key was badly worn so had another one made. Now I don't have to jiggle it and the indicator lights all come on but won't start and steering wheel still doesn't lock. Is it the ignition lock cylinder? Ignition switch? Or something else?

Asked by Mar 29, 2015 at 06:50 AM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

1,285

Yeah it sounds like it might be the ignition lock cylinder specially since everything's kinda logically in the same situation you know one thing works and the other one doesn't ,having a new key or key type of thing it's all connected that's what I would guess unless you know you might have a battery problem or something hope that helps?

My car starts, but the steering wheel won't lock and the key comes out of the ignition. The only position in which the key should be removed is in the lock position. I have had numerous problems with this car and the ignition lock cylinder (housing). I think there were recalls with other models for this problem.

1,285

I would start by replacing the lock cylinder its the easy fix really!