I have a 2001 Saturn sl1 and the fan won't come on. I have changed the sensor and relay and fuse and still wont work. It has ac and the plug was damaged in a wreck and that's when the fan quit working. dose the ac need to be working for the fan to work? The check engine lioght is on also with the reading of po113, which is the cooling system. I just don't know what else to try but get the ac plug replaced but i can't find one. Any suggestions?

siluwink
0

Asked by Mar 25, 2012 at 02:44 AM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

2001 saturn sl1 fan wont come on.  I've replaced the sensor and relay still nothing.  I'm wondering if the ac needs to work in order for the fan to work?  The check engine light is on with reading of  po113, intake cooling system.  you can't just order the plug for the ac and I can't locate one if that;s what I need? Any suggestions?

Michael Johnson
225

The AC has nothing to do with that.If you what the ac to work go to juck yards to fund one. The fan first look for damge wire because the car was in a wreck. You change the relay so next change the fan. P.S. the fan only turn on when the temp start to get to high.so you have to let the car ran for little bit before it turns on. Know you change the sensor on the intake box it like 2 bucks. then use the reader to clear the code or it will don't go off.

Isaac Reindel
0

The code P0113 is a sensor for the air intake, i actually just had it, it's a temperature sensor on the air intake filter box.