I have a 2002 Saturn sl2 .not sure whats wrong with it needed to get a jump bc I left lights on so tried jumping it was turning but wldnt start I knew I had lil over 1/4 tank so anyway I borrowed a 5 gal gas tank put all 5 gals in car and went to jump it and still needle stayed on E and wldnt start anyone know ?

Asked by Nov 06, 2013 at 10:15 PM about the 2002 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

wont start

think you've a BAD ground....the end of the black battery cable is connected to the frame....this connection must be re-established with a coarse wirebrush, because it gets corroded from dis-similar metals "fusing" under the 300 cold cranking amps...well this blue spark takes some of the lug and some of the frame and makes a "semi-conductor" layer of corrosion...once you've scrubbed it clean for good electrical conductivity your problems will disappear~

Judge_roy. Cld it also be a bad fuel pump like I said when starting it shows E when It was on 1/4 when I shut car off but I will also do what you said and give it a go... thanks

yah....stuck sender at the fuel pump...lsutigers probably right~

Because Satyrn is de-funked now, we see a lot of them in Clearlake (the cheapest place to live in California) Wish they had been any good, but when I got one as a rental was shocked that the seat could not go back far enough for a 5'-11" person....thought the whole idea was to "SHOW up" the Japs by doin' what they do only better...but with an EPIC fail...miserable to work on, you need yourself a special skinny timing belt tool to do the job...my cohorts would sawzall a hole to get at the pulley, then fold it back and duct-tape to save time~

Saturn's children...always trust your children to saturn~