My 1995 saturn SW2 uses 1 quart every 800 miles. I do not see it blowing out the exhaust and does not leak in my driveway. What can I do to fix?

Asked by Mar 20, 2007 at 09:39 PM about the 1995 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SW2 Wagon

24,300

Hi squire. That's a surprising combination of symptoms. That's a lot of oil to lose without finding it somewhere else. You should have the service manager at your local Saturn dealer give it the once-over, especially if that oil consumption rate is climbing (even slowly). That's enough oil to get a little worried about. Good luck!

425

I have a 97 SL2 that also has a drinking problem (with no obvious leaks). I've had the valve cover gasket replaced several times and that seems to fix the issue, but then the gasket gets little holes in it after a few months. I've just given up and gotten used to refilling the engine weekly.

my 1995 like its oil too got a two door 5 speed you won't see the burn unless the rings are spent go to auto parts store buy the kit replace head gasket check valves and hardware for deposits use a thicker grade syntech oil made for older cars

355

I have a 97 Saturn SC2 with the 1.9DOHC and it too uses a little oil .This is just the nature of the beast when they start getting up in miles 150000 or more they start using oil and you can only see it at night when someone is behind you and you step on the gas that you see it smoke a little ,i have 2 others that do the same thing just always remember to check the oil and change it when your supposed to ,someone did tell me one time to start using 10w40 and that would slow it down a tad.

45

saturns will burn oil no matter what u do. i owned a 93 saturn sl1 and it burned oil to. there piston rings r usually the fault. so go rebuild ur motor