i used sea foam in my intake for my saturn sw sl1 now it wont turn over, what can be wrong

Asked by Feb 21, 2015 at 09:19 PM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SW1 Wagon

44,445

You may have hydro-locked a cylinder. Remove the spark plugs and turn the engine over with the starter for a few seconds and then re-install the sparkplugs and try to start it.

90,545

Was the engine running when you did the sea foam? If not you most likely caused a hydro lock in the engine, the best way to clear it is to remove the spark plugs, disable the spark, you don't want it going up in flames, and crank over the engine, clean off the splash with some throttle body cleaner but be careful of painted surfaces, let dry, install spark plugs, re activate the spark and start engine, let it idle until it smoothes out before driving.

the car was running when i put the sea foam in, it shut off during it and now i cant get my car to start or even crank

90,545

Does it click like the starter engages?

no not at all-no noise

90,545

Well then I don't think the sea foam had anything to do with it then, you have lost a main power circuit, so either you have dirty battery posts and cables or you lost the main power supply to the power distribution center, get a volt meter and start tracing out the main powers and grounds first, then if you didn't find it there then onto the secondaries.

1,125

hey if the original poster won't thank you guys for all your terrific answers I will I was reading all these post and I'm like wow this is good information safe information thanks guys I appreciate you!

44,445

Just click the "Mark helpful" button is all that we ask. Thanks

thank you guys!!! it was my stater