93 saturns sc2, loud noise when clutch pressed

Asked by Jul 06, 2014 at 08:54 AM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe

car makes loud noise when clutch in pressed in and now when shifter is in the 1st gear
position, there is no first gear also no 3rd gear. and very very hard  to get into other gears but
all gears work except 1st and 3rd

31,925

The noise you hear is probably the throw out bearing. As for the rest..... It might just be transmission time.

59,955

Boholmark,is correct,bad throw out bearing making the noise,but gears,being bad is sign of needing overhaul.

5

when was the last time you checked your trans oil

Dont change your transmission,dont sell your car,theres actually nothing you can do..its a common issue with saturns and had this faulty issue been realized,they would have been recalled..but alas,mechanics will use this to talk you into doing a bunch of unnecessary work on your car.. So,either move to acold weather climate,or do like I do,grit your teeth,turn up your stereo,and laugh about it..I dont know about you but the amount of gas mileage I getmore than makes up for the annoying noise..