Why won't my 1993 Saturn S1 sunroof open?

Asked by Apr 25, 2017 at 10:03 PM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC1 Coupe

My sunroof won't open, makes no noise as if trying to. It also leaks
(secondary problem). What is the most common problem? Fuse? Switch?
Motor? Any help would be appreciated.

65

Try neither of them. I use to have a similar problem with the sunroof on my durango. Somtimes it just wouldn't open, but I had an option of a slight push-up in front. After doing that a few times It would open. I was an 8 year old roof at the time. What the problem was just wear on the tracks of the roof. Try to tap it with your hand, or tyr helping it open. All I ever needed to do after was spray it with Silicone spray from time to time....

210

There is connector on sunroof motor unplug the connector and use any automotive test light connect the test light lead on ground any place on Chasse it's ground and the test light pin on connector and open the switch if the light comes on the motor it's bad if the test light still not comes on check the fuses...I hope this will help

85,815

I would use some silicone lubricant on the sunroof rails.

1,385

You might have the option of having a manual crank and you can manually crank it yourself with a little Crank that comes with the car I'm not sure one car I had had that but most likely what you're going to have to do it is take compressed air on the outside of the roof all the way around the perimeter of the sunroof and try to free it up that way you will force air through the blockage that's on the tracks then if you do get it open hopefully thank God you do I would clean the tracks out real thoroughly completely with alcohol and then I would take silicone white silicone grease and put it everywhere all around the tracks but make sure you get all the crust and dirt and leaves out of everywhere the clean-up job is important it should be fine unless the motors burned out?