Why won't my Saturn stay running?

Asked by Mar 24, 2015 at 08:19 PM about the 1992 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

I have a '94 Saturn SL2 with 183,000 miles on it. It usually runs like a champ. It has been parked for the last 2-3 months. Started it today and it idled hard - high/low rpm's, had cloudy air coming out of muffler. Drove it around the block, but then it died. I let it run some more and when I put it into drive, it died. A few times it happened. I had to floor it to get it to turn over and on. When it's in park, it idles hard/rough. The radiator leaks. All the fluids are full. The check engine light is NOT on. What could be causing this???

1,135

Hi could be just of the top of my head 2 things going on or 1 or the other here, might be your head gasket went bad & that would leak coolant into the engine causing the white smoke or could be you have a gumed up throttle body. I would use sea foam to clean out the throttle body assembly. Regarding the head gasket I would have someone fix that for you it can be a tricky job unless you know what your doing?