Fuel / Electrical Problem

Asked by Feb 22, 2009 at 02:37 PM about the 1992 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC Coupe

Ive been having problems with my 1992 Saturn SC2 stick shift. I was led to believe it was bad gas but Im not sure. Ive gotten gas at 3 different places and it does the same thing. I can only drive it a certain amount of time until it does this. When going at a constant speed it feels like just randomly hitting the brake and jerking it. Sometimes when I speed up it will stop for a few minutes or not do it as bad. Also, when I stop and take off again, it will jerk really bad, shut off and it wont start. I have replaced the battery, alternator, fuel pump (last march), fuel filter, changed the oil, spark plugs, new computer. Im not sure what else to do or where to go from here. My moms truck started doing the same thing but it was bad gas and ruled it out with a bottle of ISO Heet. Her truck is a 1989 Nissan Pickup Truck SE-V6 automatic. We did the same thing for my car but it didnt work. Any answers or help is GREATLY APPRICIATED!!! Please & Thanks.

we had a similar thing ...did u chnge the plug wires too? or check ur tranny's govener...?

I would check/change the plug wires and got to the ignition coil from there

mine as do this to chek your engine coolan temperature sensor maybe he was broken. it was on the diver side of the engine in the head near the egr valve