Electrical

Asked by Jun 30, 2017 at 05:41 PM about the 1999 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL Sedan

Not getting power to fuel pump I've
replaced fuse and relay checked all
grounds and wire connections what I'm i
missing ?

1,315

Okay the power connection to the fuel pump it's a plug-in type right? Does it go only one way when you plug the connector in or can you turn the connector around a different way the opposite direction it might be the correct position of it to power it sometimes the connector is plugged in opposite what it should be and if you turn it around opposite the way you have it now it might power the fuel pump. Are there any kind of wires that are grounding off of it? Have you bench test the new fuel pump to see if it's actually getting power it could be defective you might want to get another one and try that good luck.

Power connection is one way after hours of messing with this thing I finally ran a jumper wire in place of the relay and i got power to fuse and to fuel pump but now I have constant power I tried different relays every relay in the vehicle they all did the same thing could every relay be bad and if so how is that possible bench tested fuel pump pretty sure I need a new one

1,315

Hi so you are jumping a wire in the fuse box to a relay to activate the fuel pump so you mean the fuel pump is okay it's a good fuel pump then it's working but the fuse that controls the power to the fuel pump is a dead fuse I mean it seems kind of strange but maybe that would be the problem is a fuse box issue if that one fuse isn't working but it seems kind of hard to believe but it could be that is the problem if not maybe something inside the fuel pump is not built correctly and it's causing this issue or it won't power up from the fuse box I would just try getting a new fuel pump and see if that solves the problem if not it's probably your fuse box right or if it's not your fuse box it could be the wiring going to the fuse box from the fuel pump cuz that's why that fuse isn't working to activate the fuel pump? Good luck let me know what happens