driver's side power sliding door won't manually open

30

Asked by Jun 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM about the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Touring

I changed the power door lock actuator which now works.  can power lock/unlock door and use power door open/close without difficulty.  I can manually close, but unable to manually open as if child door lock protection is on.  I checked the child door lock protection switch at the back of the door, and made sure that it is not in the child protect position.  Manual opening was working prior to my changing the door lock actuator.  what have I done?

75

There should be a set of wires running from the handle to the actuator... double check to make sure that you plugged those back in to the new actuator... Hope this helps!

90

I installed a new actuator and had the same problem. There two places where it connects to the locking mechanism: 1. The metal rod that is visible and raises/lowers the lock switch. 2. On the other side of the actuator (behind it, where you can't see it once it is screwed in), there is a rounded hook/ latch thing that connects to the internal manual lock. For me, I didn't connect #2, so the electronic locking/unlocking worked, but the door wouldn't open manually. Try checking that rounded latch thing and connecting it inside the door.

Best Answer
30

This worked perfectly. There is a nub that has to insert into the slot at the top of the actuator bar for manual door opening to work.

50

Colby...Can you elaborate on the rounded hook/latch thing? I have the same problem and can't find what your talking about. I have an 02 Town & Country Limited. Thank you very much!