Have any of you had problem with"pass key" ignition? Car will not close circuit to start.

Asked by Sep 13, 2011 at 02:15 PM about the 1995 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Limited Sedan

Chip in key. "pass key" light comes on and stays on unallowing ignition to start car.

75

yes just had to replace the key , switch , module , it cost me $600 because i was out of state

20

Same situation with my '95 roadmaster wagon. Less expensive fix: Mechanic cut the chip portion from one of my keys and inserted (soldered?) it somewhere appropriate along the starting system; so while the key I now am using in the ignition is not actually sending the message, the car will start due to the internally installed chip. No one would know that the key itself is not providing the security. But I had to pay for another key and chip because this blank is not available without the chip. (I needed a spare.)

505

I had the same issue with my 96 estate wagon. had a new key made and the problem was solved.

10

bypass that anti theft system with a new rockies bypass module worked right away no problems easy fix no mechanic needed