I have replaced battery, car runs fine for a couple days then it will not start unless I use a jumper, Everything checks good, car runs great except for this problem
I have been having this problem ONLY AFTER my husband drove my car. I don't know what he does to cars but all of them end up not running after he's in them. 1994 Buick Roadmaster limited sedan. Something keeps draining the battery. I cannot figure it out. I have put 3 new batteries in it and within a couple days... dead. The cables are clean, tight etc. I'm thinking voltage regulator but when I get it checked at the auto parts store they say the alternator is good, will it register good if it has a bad voltage regulator? What else can I check, I love this car.... but I am ready to get rid of it!!
It's the old parasitic drain. Something in the car is draining the battery when the engine is shut off. There are a lot of articles and videos available online if you search something like "Parasitic battery drain."
Parasitic battery drain measured 20 ma. I am having the same problem as the above question (maintenance and repair) with my 1993 Buick Roadmaster Limited. could this be a voltage regulator problem and or a shorted diode in the alternator
Your husband is turning on the interior lights (accidentally). After your cars are driven just turn headlights and interior lights all OFF. Easy fix!
Looking for a Used Roadmaster in your area?
CarGurus has 75 nationwide Roadmaster listings and the tools to find you a great deal.
Search Buick Roadmaster Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Buick Roadmaster Experts