I have replaced battery, car runs fine for a couple days then it will not start unless I use a jumper, Everything checks good, car runs great except for this problem

Asked by Nov 28, 2014 at 08:58 AM about the 1994 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Limited Sedan

I have been having this problem ONLY AFTER my husband drove my car. I don't know what he does to cars but all of them end up not running after he's in them. 1994 Buick Roadmaster limited sedan. Something keeps draining the battery. I cannot figure it out. I have put 3 new batteries in it and within a couple days... dead. The cables are clean, tight etc. I'm thinking voltage regulator but when I get it checked at the auto parts store they say the alternator is good, will it register good if it has a bad voltage regulator? What else can I check, I love this car.... but I am ready to get rid of it!!

5,565

It's the old parasitic drain. Something in the car is draining the battery when the engine is shut off. There are a lot of articles and videos available online if you search something like "Parasitic battery drain."

10

Parasitic battery drain measured 20 ma. I am having the same problem as the above question (maintenance and repair) with my 1993 Buick Roadmaster Limited. could this be a voltage regulator problem and or a shorted diode in the alternator

25

Your husband is turning on the interior lights (accidentally). After your cars are driven just turn headlights and interior lights all OFF. Easy fix!