Poor Acceleration

1,245

Asked by Feb 03, 2016 at 03:19 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

This question is relative to my 95 Supercharged Riviera. Initially the vehicle was running rough/lopping/surging while stopped in traffic and the code indicated TPS malfunctioning. I replaced the TPS and attempted to reset code but reading was still TPS. So we changed the TPS connectors/wiring and checked other wiring to try and find if maybe there were broken wires..none found, service engine light is still on but not getting a code.
Whereas the rough running/lopping/surging have gone away, the vehicle has poor/slow acceleration. In addition I have removed the
Catalytic Converter and checked/rechecked the fuel pump pressure. Any suggestion(s) will be greatly appreciated.

19,530

Replace air filter

19,530

Check your owners manual and see if your vehicle has this fuse (ETCS) Electronic Throttle Control System fuse. Replace if blown.

1,245

Clap!! Clap!! Well my mechanic and I have finally fixed the problem. The problems were in the ECM and that chip. Apparently doing the replacement of after market /replacement ECM's (not always the suggested route to take) the wrong chip was installed. During my research I located via a web site with information listing the correct ECM and appropriate chip for my vehicle. In addition I sought the assistance of the parts guys at our local GM dealer. They were willing to gather much needed information in assisting. The 95 Riviera is performing w/o any problems. I appreciate all of you that offered suggestions.