Brake light comes on and alarms with acceleration.

5

Asked by Jan 13, 2011 at 01:13 PM about the 1998 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

Started out alarming about a year ago during hard acceleration and sharp corners, but now it alarms during light acceleration. Brake fluid was checked and it's ok. Anyone know how to fix this? Really makes me nuts sometimes.

45

It could be a bad brake fluid level senor or a bad connection some were for the e brake switch. Sounds like low brake fluid though might check it again.

5

I'll do that. Thanks for the fast response.

6,715

try cleaning the sensor contacts... it might help, esp. if alot of oil or soot is on it.

5

Where are the sensor contacts located?

6,715

at the brake fluid resovoir container u will se the level sensor with a plug on the side... that plug could loose contact and cause a false alarm. my oil pan sensor does that and i need to periodically clean it. i'm not sure how yours looks like but i'll look at my mom's Lucerne to see of it has one too.

5

Ok, thanks. I'll do that, too.

Man GOD bless u gurus,cause I just got a 95 riviera supercharged!& I love the piece of junk!:-) lol lol I call it da Bentley