Wont start after engine replace

Sean Fevens

Asked by Apr 17, 2016 at 11:33 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT 4WD

Replaced 4.3 v6. It's getting gas and has spark but will not fire up. Doesn't even stumble. I'm on  
a no budget.That's lower than low budget.so no new parts all over it. But what I've checked
seems to check out. Please help. Starting to feel like blowing its head off.

the starter turns? I'm thinking that you have not got a NEW battery and new cables that have NO corrosion...one can easily forget the black cable to the frame/chassis....AND the bolt on the motorblock...these have to be clean, free of corrosion and happy with 50 amps~ also computers and soleniods prefer at or Above 12.5 volts...and at least grabbin at 50 amps ....would suggest a load test of your existing battery but LEAD batteries would recover easily...Tin/Antimony alloy batteries STOP taking a charge 10 percent per year and degrade to an unreliable state in short time~ what I think is that you've not the muscle, electrically...smarten this up!~

yeah, you are starting to see the problem that so many people face these days- complicated 21st Century cars with a zillion parts to go wrong, and being poverty stricken- myself, I am working on this unpleasant situation by owning a simple, old machine- and riding a bicycle- good luck- keep trying, hope you figure it out- or just scrap the junk and start over-

Well you are going to have to go over the basics, make sure there is the proper fuel pressure, spark to the plugs, & the timing set correctly.

Re-reading your post, is this a rebuilt engine? or some junker you found. Check the compression on the cylinders.