I have a 96Jimmy and every time it rains it will not start.Everything has been gone through and a full complete tune up.runs great when dry out.only when it rains it won't start.It's a headache

20

Asked by Jun 03, 2014 at 11:22 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4-Door 4WD

17,625

plug wires arcing maybe

21,575

did it start after the tune-up? I did a tune-up on a blazer and it ended up being the ign rotor. Usually the metal part is 1 piece, but in this instance it is a 2 piece and mine got moisture in between the 2 and make it not fire right. I ended up using an old rotor or different design. It was a Duralast part if your curious

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

It runs great when dry.only when it rains it will not start.even when it sits over night while it rains then the next morning Will not

21,575

what i was getting at was mine started doing this AFTER the tune up. Did you do the tune-up becasue of this or did it start doing this after the tune-up?

20

Codes coming back on O2 sencer and misfiring so we changed them

17,625

to: 1/ You only said complete tune up--that phrase HAS NO DEFINITIVE MEANING .....2/ You went on to say that problem is water related--that statement has meaning.......water + electricity = bad......3/ I said arcing......4/ Andrew said moisture in rotor contact ; also suggesting arcing. 5/ you came back with .."I changed a sensor" .....6/ Bye-bye ( Shawn is justing wasting our time )

20

Really dude..thanks alot peace

10

Hey Shawn! I bet there is a crack in your distributor cap. Moisture usually will get in there after a rain and causes these issues. Try that.

17,625

Here were are back at arcing.

spray some 10 40 on first the distributor cap if no luck do the coil -probably moisture in one or the other I just tried it on my 96 blazer and after I did the ign coil it started.

spray wd 40 on the coil and distributor will dry out the moisture if it then you know where the problem is

35

Just change your ignition coil and all should be fine.