Does the CKP sensor on a 1996 chevy blazer need a variation relearn

Asked by Jul 09, 2015 at 02:10 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 2 Door LS 4WD

My mechanic recently replaced the CKP sensor on my 1996 chevy blazer with the 4.3 vortec (Vin W) and my vehicle is still running badly, no power, misfires, bad fuel milage. Does the CKP sensor on this vehicleneed a variation relearn.

16,865

No, but it sounds like a fuel injector problem. Do you notice it run really rich? A pressure and leak down test will tell you if it is your problem.

I do not know but the exhaust has been smelling strong lately and these have weird poppet valve injectors. I just had that whole spider assembly under the intake replaced with an updated Delphi unit and a Delphi fuel pump installed. The whole problem started when the truck suddenly was hard to start, it cranked over like the timing was off. So I had a new distributor installed and that didn't fix the problem, and then it went on from there. I was told these blazers do not like any replacement parts but AC Delco and I thought that was just crazy that a vehicle could be that sensitive to replacement parts considering this is not a brand new vehicle. Then I was told it was the Bosch O2 sensors that were installed. Then it was the EGR valve, then the IAC valve. I wish I could nail this problem down.

16,865

Have the fuel pressure and leak down test done and go from there. All you need us a fuel pressure gauge. Your looking for 55psi and it shouldn't drop when the key is off

395

Is this a Federal or California build? It makes a big difference.