ABS

Asked by Aug 07, 2008 at 03:42 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Coupe

hey guys i have one more question i have been looking to purchase the wheel hub assembly with the abs sensor but all i can find is just the hub assembly with no sensor for the front the rear hub assemblies i have seen have the sensor so i was just wondering if it just had abs in the back or something because i thought abs was all four but im not sure can some one help please it is a 1997 cavalier basic. thank you

43,935

You usually have to buy the sensor separately. I would contact a GM dealer and ask them for sure, but usually ABS is all four wheels.

thank you but every hub assembly i have seen doesn't have the sensor i am told the sensor is in the CV shaft so should i get this assembly? http://www.1aauto.com/1A/wheel-bearing-hub-front/Chevrolet/Cavalier/1ASHS00016/650448 that is the link to the hub that i have found so can some one help me out. thank you

75

umm only the back wheels have ABS in 90"s cars sry none for your model only for oo's

15

yea dude its for shizzle a two channel abs

10,295

early abs was just on the rear wheels. Your vehicle would specifically state 4-wheel abs if equipped.

alright thanks guys didn't even think of that so those hubs that i showed are fine?

also do i need to pack this hub assembly after im done because i was told by a buddy that you don't need to because it is a sealed hub assembly but i thought that was just for the hubs with the sensor but thank you.