electrical problems

10

Asked by Nov 24, 2013 at 02:32 AM about the 2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra

put new battery in 2000 Park Avenue Ultra, after a week my battery gauge reads ???? and interior lights don't work, the security light is on, the traction light doesn't work, trunk switch quit working and alternator went out. Replaced alternator but same things are not working.

65,955

Sounds like a BCM (Body Control Module) failure. The BCM controls everything you mentioned that is not working. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
150

Where would the module be

150

Where would the module be location?

100

Behind the glovebox. There are two modules there attached to the same bracket. One is the Programmer for the HVAC system, the other is the BCM. (The BCM is the Module located closest to the firewall/engine compartment). It can be accessed by laying on the floor on pssgr side and removing the bottom panels under the dash. The Negative battery cable must be removed from battery FIRST before replacing the BCM!

50

Hey did you ever get it fixed? i have the exact same issue with my 2001 park ave ultra! was it the BCM? Did you get it fixed? please let me know

10

Yes it was the CM. After it was installed I was told by my mechanic that Buick has a propitiatory code that they couldn't install so not everything is working like my airbags and others. Charged $700.00 for this. Will never go back to them.

I had the same problem and the above fix worked. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20

Ammann AV 95 - 2001 - 4054 who can help me.. i want drawing this electro theams

20

Ammann AV 95 - 2001 - 4054. who can help me i want electric drawing for this car

10

Wats the next step after changing the bcm?

Battery light came on after letting the car run for a little while it started over heating and my steering is hard to turn all happened in a little bit of time I don't know what happened???????

65,955

SKR1218, sounds like your serpentine belt broke. HTH. -Jim