Hesitation when I goose it

Asked by Sep 05, 2015 at 11:59 PM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

Easy on the gas she will pick up speed pretty smoothly. Step on it
though and she will fall on her face. Have decarbonized the engine
through the intake. New fuel pump. Both the TPS & MAF sensors
check OK cleaned the MAF with CRC mas air flow cleaner felt
somewhat better but still hesitates under load.

88,765

Is the base timing correct and is the ECM advancing the spark properly?

17,790

This happened to me after having transmission replaced take off slow no problem but take off fast like you said would fall on its face had to replace the transmission shift solinoid.

21,325

Does this beast have a carburetor? If so, it might be getting old- there is a feature which allows for smooth transition from idle-