sometimes i turn the key and nothing happens. no clicking, nothing. always starts using compression. any guesses

Asked by Feb 16, 2016 at 12:04 AM about the 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

it will start fine most of the time.  them I go to turn the key and nothing happens.  If I wait a couple of minutes it might start.  Sometimes it starts right away.  I try an park on a slope whenever possible, cause it always starts using compression.

5,725

not sure what you mean...think that you are ignition hot, roll down then dump into 2nd~ have done that myself...actually drove the car to the autoparts store with the starter removed too~ so check connections to the starter solenoid...have a buddy turn the key and check for voltage present...if there ain't no juice then you must put a new ignition switch in...but do think that your problem is electrical in nature...which usually can be corrected with a wirebrush and a little water~...and dryin' rag too~