Where is the fuel filter located on a 1991 mitsubishi mighty max and how do i replace it?

Asked by Apr 21, 2014 at 01:07 PM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

My truck ran out of gas a few weeks ago now it starts up just fine but after I drive to the store or anywhere when I go to start my truck to go home it feels like it misfires and sounds like it backfires, has no go power, dies repeatedly and feels like its not getting fuel. A mechanic friend of mine said it was most likely the sending unit or the fuel filter but he's not the most reliable and I don't want to go spend a bunch of money at a mechanic if I don't have to. Has anyone else had this problem? I haven't done anything yet but I'm adding fuel cleaner into the tank tonight, just figured I'd see if anyone else has any other ideas before I go empty my walet at a mechanic

30

Did end up fixing it? If so what was it I'm having the same problem! IMA go ahead and say it is the fuel pump and filter but i still need to pressure test it i have a 1990 mighty max

20

Where it at on the rruxk