S90 battery runs down when parked for 3 days

Asked by Apr 15, 2011 at 12:07 AM about the 1998 Volvo S90 Sedan

My Dad is bringing his S90 over for me to try so sort out an electrical short that discharges the battery when parked for 3 days.  He says the battery and charging system and starter tested fine.  He just doesn't want to spend the money for a shop to do the diagnosis (he's 87 years old and frugal!).  I'm not familiar with this car and will start by checking for current drain across fuses for circuits that should be open with the ignition off.  Anything subtle I should look for elsewhere.  Auto electrical diagnosis is not my strong suit, but I'd like to help my Dad if I can.
      Thanks!

35

Honestly i would bet money on it being the battery or a parasitic drain. If he is cheap like me, tell him to buy a quick disconnect and disconnect the battery when it is parked or get a battery maintainer. If this doesn't fix it you have a bad battery, Do you happen to know the voltage of it????

don't forget the trunk light does not automatically go off. you need to shut the switch by hand or it will kill your battery in about three days