Water leak

Asked by Nov 27, 2006 at 02:18 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Venture 3 Dr LS Passenger Van

I have a water leak that appears as totally wet carpets on both the driver and passenger side, at the front. I have not found it when I am driving, but it shows up after a heavy rain and the van has been sitting at the curb.  
I have taken the cowling off,by the wipers, cleaned any leafs etc out and ran a hose on both sides but was unable to duplicate the leak.

Another attempt was running a water hose onto the upper part of the doors and the windshield for an hour or so (each area)without finding the problem.

Then the next time it sits overnight at the curb and it rains the carpet is wet again. (really wet)

By the way it is not leaking from the A/C unit or the heating system.

I would sure appreciate any suggestions.

Glen

16,955

Hello, Your question has been answered in our forum. Please go here: http://www.cargurus.com/forums/posts/list/13.page?cg_entityId=t2452 to see the response. I hope this helps! CarGrrl

60

where is the link? it does not work.

6,615

Sounds like the windshield could be leaking.

30

I'm having the same problem and I was told the water was leaking around the "firewall"...

10

I have a 2001 Chevy Venture van that has a leak somewhere. My oil pressure light came on so I put some more oil in and the pressure light went off. I did notice a small puddle of oil under the car on the passenger side when I left for school this morning. please help

Did you ever find it? As have resealed my windshield and that didn't fix it.

10

I have yet to find the leak on my 2004 venture, I sucked out approximately a 1/2 gallon of water and dried out the carpet and padding for four days, I tried to duplicate it and cannot find any leaks, some how the water is getting in on the drivers side floor and I checked the windshield, took the cowl apart, ran water on the fire wall and windshield several times and cannot find it. yet when it rains and sits out side, the carpet is saturated. Are there any TSB's on this?

I'm 99% sure it is FROM THE AC condensation as Mine does the same thing Only the HOLE everyone tells me that is supposed to be on the firewall Seems to be invisible. If anyone ever see's this whole please take a picture of it and respond to this post. I got to see where it is as Even with it in the air on a hoist there is no hole I can find nor is there a rubber tube coming out as others have posted pictures of.