WHAT in the WORLD is going on with my Volvo?!?!?!

435

Asked by Jun 27, 2014 at 08:56 AM about the 1994 Volvo 960 Level II Wagon

I don't even know where to start! :(  I have several issues going on with my 94 Volvo 960
SW. The igniton started making a weird sound about a week ago. Kind of a roaring sound
after it's cranked..it only lasts a couple of seconds, but it sounds terrible and makes me
cringe!Things went from bad to worse last night, when on my way to work, I noticed my
orange dashboard arrow flashing, my "ABS" light on, my speedometer & odometer not
working AT ALL, and those little buttons beside the shifter that are labeled "W" "S" & "E"
are flashing on & off like a daggum Christmas tree! Someone PLEASE HELP!! I'm a single
mom and I can't afford to make a bunch of costly repairs... WHY dit'n I listen to mother &
marry a mechanic?! :(

264,195

Sounds like you have multiple issues that were neglected for some time....I'll try to go through the list....Loud sound after starting could be a turbo hose, do you have a turbo engine? Orange Arrow flashing light indicates a fault in the transmission, more than likely a faulty PNP switch. The ABS light could be a faulty ABS module. The W, S & E flashing lights could be the a faulty transmission control module or TCM. The speedo and odometer not working is probably replayed to the ABS and trans issues. I assume the Check engine light is on too, with all the lights you can scan the car for the codes to pinpoint the area and parts you need to replace. Sorry you can afford to fix it, but the issues you have going on do not just go away. Cars cost money to maintain, especially Luxury brands such as Volvo, BMW & Mercedes.

435

Thank you for your speedy reply, and yes, it is a turbo. Amazingly enough though, the engine light is not on. (Seems like the ONLY one that's not on!) I tried to scan it on the machine at Advanced, but they couldn't oblige me since the engine light wasn't on. Anyway, thanks again...I guess I'll call a mechanic now. (siiiiiigh):