Why is my 95 Volvo 850 Turbo having starting problems?

Asked by Oct 27, 2013 at 06:06 AM about the 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon

I began having problems with my 95 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon and found that I has getting intermittent spark from the coil.  I replaced the coil and igniter and the car started fine for a couple of weeks.  Now I am getting no spark at all.  I have plenty of fuel coming out of the rail when I push the pin inside the valve.  I have power to pin #2 on the plug that goes to the igniter and the two connections to the coil have power.  However, I get no spark from the coil wire that goes to the distributor cap.  Any ideas what to check or replace?  I'm at a loss and getting very frustrated.

1997 850 Volvo T-5 Wagon (166K) Having the exact same problem right now and doing lots of research. I'm chasing the cause down tomorrow in this order: 1) Cam Position Sensor. 2) Electronic Control Module- ECM or ECU. 3) Main Fuel Injection Relay -top of fan shroud. 4) Ignition module/ control unit with coil. 5) Coolant temperature sensor. Note: I'm fortunate to be able to trade out parts with my daughters' 1997 T-5 Sedan (same engine and year) to figure this problem out.