name or part number for aluminium rails (ruuber coated) on the roof Volvo 850 -95

Asked by Aug 10, 2010 at 08:38 PM about the 1995 Volvo 850

Hi, Someone there knows where I can find the rubber / aluminium rails whih are located in the roof of the volvo 850 /95, sedan) ??  I want to buy the pair (for both sides), but I do not know how to call them.  As you will see in the photo. mine are almost peeled (the rubber coating is almost completelly peeled. Someone suggested me to paint the metal surface (aluminium) in color black but I do not like the idea..  Look for your advices/comments...best, embo.

4,895

Roof molding or roof trim is what it is usually referred to. The Volvo dealer sells them but will run you around $150 each. I have seen a few people strip them and paint the metal as you said. Your other option is a junk / salvage yard. I have not found anyone else that sells them as of yet. I needed a set of them for my s70 (i somehow misplaced them while detailing my car... dont ask me how) and I ended up getting them at the junk yard for $4 each. Where are you located?

Thanks a lot Chris. My freight forwarder is in Miami, Fl, (but actually I am in Peru). I can receive the pieces in Miami, and then parts are sent to me to Peru...long trip, true? However, I think that rubber coating has a purpose (for rain slidding I suppose)...Thanks again.

4,895

I can look and see what my local yard has. I am there twice a week.

ok...thanks

65

I actually striped off all the plastic cover that is on it, sanded it down, painted it with TCP Global auto paint. You can also find replacement trim pieces at Terry's Auto Supply @ web@terrys.net . I replaced mine with a black trim since I am painting the car deep purple & also re-dying all the trim on side panels & bumpers as well. Looks great so far !