knowledge of the vehicule

Asked by Nov 23, 2008 at 10:31 PM about the 2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe

how many horsepower does a GTO 2006 has?

25

400 out of a 6.0L ls2

55

400 hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque, stock. Most of the owners I know aren't stock anymore.

45

Its actually a lot more like 340whp and torque. GM states power at the crank which is before driveline loss, which is exactly why 2003 and 2004 CObras with only 390hp kill GTOs. They have 390hp at the wheels :)

35

My stock 2006 6 speed GTO put down 354 rwhp and 350 rwtq

45

what kind oif dyno was it??

35

Dyno Jet

35

380 to 420

35

mines modded and it put 1564 to the ground

35

cobras have 5.0s the GTO has a 6.0 ls2 ford cant even mach that with its biggest engine the 5.4

45

Thats well in the norm for a dyno jet actually, makes sense

15

how the hell did you get over a thousand horsepower without buying a crate? i have a 65 pushin 500 bored out with headers. the only car ive ever seen pushin a grand was a funny car runnin on alcohal and a 320 shot of nitrous with a racing tranni. theres no way you could get that much out of an 06 without spendin over thirty g's.

45

Actually Cobras have 4.6L supercharged V8s. They are faster then 6.0s stock. ALso they respond to mods much better. With only a thousand invested you could be seing well over 500whp, and they have forged internals stock so they can take way way more power as well on the stock everything. And the GT500 with its 5.4 is the same story. You probably dont own a GTO and how you claim to have 1500hp is probably a lie as from the lack of knowledge you have showed.

6,665

sorry man but i just did a little research and they both have run 13.1 seconds in the 1/4 mile. sometimes they have recorded times into the high 12s. so youre talking out of your ass. if youre talking twisties then yes the mustang wins but the gto was never designed to do anything besides go fast in a straight line and be decent in curves. so if you race the two in a straight line its going to really 100% on the driver. the mustang doesnt "kill" the gto. now that 5.7L is another story. the best it posted in the 1/4 mile was 13.5 seconds. so the cobras could kill the 5.7L but not the 6.0L.

45

Totally wrong about the twisties part. The mustang has a solid real axle which makes it behave much like a pickup truck in the twisties while better at the strip. GTO has an IRS and therefore much better at the twisties while talking at the track. ALso the record for a stock GTO is 12.9 and usually run low 13s, very rare to see in the twelves at all even with some upgrades. However a stock terminaotr will be in the high 12s easily and consitently and with just a few mods be in the 11s no problem. Also stock on stock why dont you go and have a REAL race on the highway and then see how close it is. (all this is speaking from experiance from me and my friednds who own GTOs and terminators, and not from looking it up on line like you, thats paper racing real world is a different story)

45

I just glanced at the post you replied to, i said nothing either car in the twisties or 1/4 mile times. I just stated their Rear wheel Horsepower which is correct, and just becaus a car has more does not always mean that it is faster, weight, gearing, and aerodynamics all play major factor in the 1/4 mile and twisties as well

6,665

not wrong. actually i believe you are. the cobra has an irs. the gt doesnt but you wanted to compare the cobra to the gto not the gt to the gto. and those 1/4 mile times are basically the same as each other which is why i said its all dependent on the driver. im not paper racing...im telling you the cars are equals in straight lines and it all depends on the driver. the better driver will win end of story. not because his car is better. and ive drove both a cobra and a gto. havent raced the other with them but ive drove them. and do you understand the words you use??? i mean you said KILL before? what do you define as kill???? i mean to me thats multiple car lengths. winning by half a car isnt KILLING it. its barely beating it. and now youre using the word EASILY. easily in the 12s???? if thats the case why are there posted times of driver reviews recording 13s???

15

i was replyin to daltons stupid ass comment. ur solid, 5.4 fords are sweet platforms for a fast car, on any track.

35

my lsx can run on alcohol but we have to rebuild the engine every time and its wicked fast

35

GM LSX BLOCK 9.7 DECK CALLIES MAGNUM 4340 FORGED 4.250 OLIVER 4340 BILLET CONNECTING RODS 6.3 JE FORGED PISTONS,180 TOOL STEEL PINS HELL FIRE CLEVITE ENGINE BEARINGS H SERIES MECHANICAL ROLLER CAMSHAFT, 904 SIZE ROLLER LIFTERS, T&D SHAFT ROCKERS ALL PRO SYMMETRICAL PORT HEADS 400+CFM ON INTAKES 6 HEAD BOLTS PER CYLINDER HOGAN SHEETMETAL INTAKE W/ MONOBLADE, 1700CFM THROTTLE BODY. DUAL INJECTOR PER CYLINDER SCE COPPER GASKETS ARP BILLET FABRICATION ALUMINUM OIL PAN WITH HV PUMP AND PICK UP BILLET CNC DAMPER ELECTROMOTIVE LAP TOP PROGRAMMABLE 60-2 CRANK TRIGGER WITH 4 IGNITION COILS STAINLESS STEEL TUBULAR EX HEADERS 2 88MM TURBONETICS TANG. TIAL 44 MM V-BAND BILLET WASTEGATES TIAL CUSTOM TO YOUR APPLICATION BILLET FABRICATION SHEETMETAL BILLET RAILS AEROMOTIVE FUEL PUMP AND FILTERS all the real speecks

15

well, theres the problem. if you have a gto with a freaking custom built racing motor, and not a modded out LS3, ur gonna get some strange looks when you tell people your pushin 1500 to the weels. my bad, major props dude. that motor is bad ass.

45

Is it still street legal?

35

oh HELLL NO but i still drive it

35

sorry thats my dads 700 hp gto info and it runs a 9.872 exact and its lighter than mine

35

dont get me wrong the 5.4 is bad ass but the gto will stomp it with its 6.0 because it s a bigger small block the cobra would be shit if it dent have the supercharger sorry that 4.7 or.6, .5 idont know but its a shity basic block if you supercharge the gto it will light tha cobra up and still dont get me wrong i LOVE THE FUCKIN COBRA

35

BUT DUDE YOU SO CHECK OUT MY PAGE MY DADS GRAND NATIONAL IS SO BAD ASS IT HAS 2521HP AND 2703 TQ

45

Post some vids of it on the street would be cool

35

Did no one notice: In another thread Mr. Lang posted this picture here... the engine isn't in a new gen GTO plus they were never even made in white unless it has been resprayed. Second, they are two different pictures of two completely different engines. (The one on the stand and in the car) He is also claiming a 5.xx ET @ 250+mph? Holy BULLl shit batman. Plus his daddy has a GN with over a 1000 whp his GTO has 1500whp and his daddy's GTO only has 700... whatever dude.

35

Oh look... you know how to copy and paste "speecks" from a website. I am impressed. http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/pricesheets/lsx/racegas/tt/ws_454lsx_tt.pdf $52,000 Nelson Racing engine huh?

35

yep

35

after we scratched up the paint we primed it and just painted it white than black

35

ists an lt1 dude in my dads gto he likes them because he knows how to work on them

35

we teweked it up some

35

ya so

35

it was 54,000

35

Okay... you explained why the car is white, but never responded to the fact that is NOT a GTO... And who in the hell pulls out an LS engine to go back in time to a shitty ass LT1?

60

I was dusted by a 2003-2004 cobra from a 40 mph roll. I've got an 05 a4 w a diablosport tuner, aftermarket intake and 8.5 mm msd wires. The mustang had the advantage because Im not in the powerband at 40. I think we'd have been pretty even from 25, or 60, or from a stop. They're both very fast cars, and it sounds like some macho being thrown around here. LOL