engine light on only under accel. and bad idle.

5

Asked by Feb 04, 2012 at 08:21 PM about the 1991 Mazda RX-7 Hatchback

Engine light turns on only under accel, or when i rev it when its not in gear (5spd). but when idle from normal idle it will rase and drop 400rpm. But when bad idle engine light not on. But when first started up engine idles just fine, also no engine light. Any ideas? I been searching and it sounds like bad TPS.

5,175

It sounds like a bad TPS, you can check it with a DMM. If that's not it you might want to check the error codes (plenty of info in that on the net), also check for vacuum leaks and have a look at the BAC valve.