1993 Mazda MX6 clutch master cylinder (piston??)

15

Asked by Oct 10, 2015 at 10:18 PM about the 1993 Mazda MX-6 2 Dr LS Coupe

Hello this is a follow up from my earlier question a few days ago. Thank you for your speedy responses but I have some further questions. Attached are some pics of the leaking master cylinder. My question is does anyone know if the piston-type part is to be generally replaced as well? I did an online search for this master cylinder replacement part on autozone, amazon & ebay and all seem to show the female-looking part only, not the piston-type part included. So is this old part to be reused in the replacement installation.

15

I tried to upload a few pics but it appears like only one is allowed at a time so I am trying to upload another one here too. A closeup of the affected area.

29,075

i would say no...hone it out and replace all the seal

15

The female-looking( the clutch master cylinder) part is the part I replaced. Made a whole lot more sense after I removed it. Just remove the bolts holding it in place on engine bay side and interior firewall pedal area. I think I had to uninstall/reinstall another white switch to the left attached to one of the pedals as well just to get adequate space to work. It was not really difficult just have to be able to contort yourself a bit as the work space is quite small. Hope this helps!