How do I fix Mazda MX6 clutch fluid leak inside the car onto my shoe and mat.

5

Asked by Oct 08, 2015 at 01:54 AM about the 1993 Mazda MX-6

1993 Mazda MX6 LS. Appears to be leaking clutch fluid at the clutch pedal area and on my left shoe. How do I fix possibly by myself ? What parts do you think I will need? I have had a sticking pedal for a bit, but wasn't sure what causes it but have a strong feeling this is related. Your thoughts and feedback are  appreciated.

77,715

Sounds like the clutch master cylinder has gone bad and will need replaced. You have to be somewhat of a contortionist to replace it, but you should be able to do it yourself, just remember to bench bleed the new master cylinder before installing, there should be an instruction sheet in the box. There maybe a video on You Tube on how to replace it, just search your year, make and model and clutch master cylinder replacement and your there. HTH

19,615

First, look up under the dash to eyeball the master cylinder- then you can see what a hassle it is to do this job- does it look like you have to take the whole pedal assembly out? If you can't twist yourself up to look, you can't do this job-

5

Thanks for your help.. I was able to fix it myself.. You guys helped me save some money.