compress stop motor

925

Asked by Apr 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM about the 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLS

I bought a 2000 passat used. Within a month we had to replace the engine ourselves. I think it was oil sludge because the oil light kept coming on no matter how much oil I put in it and made a horrible sound like cards on a bicycle tire. Since we replaced the enginge and oil pan the oil light is still coming on even though it has oil and now Im getting a "compress stop engine" warning. So tired of this car already. Whats going on?

I need to start over. I was looking at warning lights for the Passat and what I know for sure is when you get a "stop engine' light it means just that..STOP it and don't runt it until you now why it's sending you that message. But 'compress" ?? Are you reading that right? Or mistakenly wrote that? i could find no reference to a 'comperess stop engine" and I can't help but notice your "no matter how much oil I put in" Do not overfill it. Check dipstick not just keep adding oil. The only mention I found kept leading me back to cylinder compression. When you put the engine in was it a used engine? Or did you put a new oil pump on? We really need a bit of clarification on this one, ChrisandMary

925

No. Im checking the oil in this engine but the old engine I put some in because I was 3 hours from home and I think thats how I made it back. I check the oil and its where it needs to be on the dipstick so I havent added any oil. Half the light on the dash works. The oil light came on, STOP came accross the screen and the words compress stop motor came on, STOP blinked again along with the oil light. The engine was a used from the junkyard. We couldnt afford a new oil pump. After the engine from the junkyard was put in the car blew white smoke. We traced it back to the turbo, put the old turbo on and havent had any issues with smoke.

92,375

I'm at a loss on that "compress" info screen word too. The white smoke caused by the older turbo isn't adding up either.

925

There are 2 codes. P0441 EVAP Emission Control System Purge Flow Fault and P1434 Manufactuer Control Auxillary Emission Control. Could this be the cause?

Those two codes are related. EVAP Purge is the charcoal canister is not being purged, meaning, if you overfill it, don't stop putting gas in when the nozzle clicks, or just normal collection of fumes from filling tank, the charcoal soaks up the fumes to prevent them from releasing in to the air and purges by vacuum, sucking all the fumes from the charcoal canister when the engine is running. If the charcoal becomes saturated with too much liquid gasoline either from a vacuum line has come off and there is no vacuum drawing the fumes out or there is just too much liquid gasoline in it. The thing is it has nothing to do with oil pressure and I still am stumped on 'compress'

I have a 2004 vw passat 1.8 turbo wagon. When I'm driving down the road and pressing gas it seems like it's not going anywhere but then it picks up speed but then does it again and when the a/c is on it's worse. What could that be?