01 vw cabrio starts and stalls out in 2 seconds

10

Asked by Jan 01, 2015 at 03:40 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLS Convertible

I had to change heater core. Car was running fine. I still Have the dash out now when i
start the car it stalls out after 2 seconds

8,565

put your dash back in and it should start. It is a saftey feature if you leave certain parts like aka the gauges the car will not stay running. if this is not the case clean your maf sensor and check your spark plugs

10

I had the dash in. Pulled it back out to see if something came loose but everything looks good. Car was running fine before I did the heater core.

8,565

well i would assume you have the radio code so try disconnecting the battery for 15 - 30 minutes to reboot the cars ecu and see if that helps. if it doesn't well have to go further and start checking things one by one.

10

Has a aftermarket radio. The car has the immobilizer. I'm trying to figure out how to reset the immobilizer

8,565

use a battery charger to maintain a 12 volt charge on your battery, next turn your key to the on position*do not start* and leave it there for 10 minutes. shut the power off then try to start the car. This should reboot the immobilizer. The immobilize can also be set by disconnecting the battery for longer then 15 minutes. You usually only need to do this if your battery goes bellow 6.5 volts. it can also make your door locks act up.