clutch cable adjustment

Asked by Dec 13, 2006 at 05:48 AM about the 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr New GLS Convertible

Howw do you adjust the clutch cable???

18,035

There is not much online about this one, unfortunately. You may need to spring for a repair manual. As you can see from the index here: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/gallery.htm?code=VG99&galleryId=459#C, there is plenty on it. I would recommend going to ebay and seeing if you can find a repair manual. They usually have them for $5-$20, a worthwhile investment.

20

I have a 97 cabrio highline. clutch slipped in higher gears, @ the transmission there is a boot, we just turned the whole thing till the clutch felt better. and that fixed the problem.

10

Don't bother with the manuals, they also say it's self-adjusting. Barryjay has it right, mess with the boot till you get it right.

10

What is the boot?

10

Can some one help me im having the same problem

10

I wound up replacing the clutch then my step daughter totalled the car so I can't send you a pic, sorry.

picture of pic? I have lots of play in my cable , I can move the shift arm and bounce it back and fourth , wonder if that why myou reverse won't engage