nothing works on the cluster if i hit the top of the dash it sometimes comes back not the speedo but evrything else i changed the speed senser what else can i try

Asked by Sep 21, 2016 at 03:11 PM about the 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

This is a common problem with these cars. Mine does the same exact thing, it works intermittently and same, if I hit the dashboard it'll work. It also, blips out and only the tachometer will work and not the speedometer or the dashlights will not work, but everything else will. Google it and you'll read about it being a known problem and what it could possibly be and how to fix it.

Oh and might I add, if I drive up on an incline, it seems to stay working for quite sometime. I've had the instrument panel cluster replaced before and it was great for a longtime. Lo' and behold, it's back to it's old antics again.