The driver's side entrance lock/unlock came out when I pulled my key out to unlock car.

Asked by Aug 13, 2013 at 03:58 AM about the 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLS Convertible

I have a 98 Cabrio Conv. GLS w/ 97,000 miles I bought 4 months ago.  I've had zero problems so far, but yesterday I put my key in  to unlock the car and when I pulled out the whole 2-inch cylinder came out w/ it?  The alarms went off and the windows went up n down.  I figured out how to stop alarm and keep windows in order, but there is now just a hole where I used to put the key to unlock/lock the door/car.  I kept the cylinder n all parts 2 it.  I can still stick it in and manage to do things, but I just keep car unlocked at all times and always press the unlock button from inside before getting out or opening trunk.  The metal at the back of the cylinder seemed to have broken off in the 2 places in was connected.  The metal seemed brittle.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Did this happen 2 anyone out there before?  What do u think it would cost 2 fix it(and I do have the part intact)?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. Mason.

Handle replacement is now ness the lock handle key and all. The good news is its easy and a good luck smith can code the cylinder to the key you have

Locksmith damn phone.

good luck is also