Door lock tumblers / Alarm

Asked by Jun 06, 2012 at 01:36 AM about the 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio

My daughter has a 1999 Cabrio that had an issue with the drivers side door lock from the beginning. It
was no big deal because she would unlock the car from the passenger side on the rare occasions she
locked it all. Tonight she went to unlock the passenger side and that whole mechanism came out
attached to her key. Now when she opens the door the alarm goes off. When she puts the key in the
ignition it won't turn over. Obviously the security system / anti-theft is engaged. How can we get it to
where the car can start so that it can be moved from the place it's at and brought home? Or can we?

245

Hi. best solution would be to bypass the immobiliser. replacing the system will be expensive. There will be maybe 4 wires that will need to be by-passed from the imobiliser. I guess there is just a factory fitted system on the car? or is it aftermarket?

Factory - the down side is it's sitting in a location that is notorious for towing / ticketing vehicles and we are trying to avoid it being towed - either voluntarily or other.

245

Does your alarm just have a fob or does it have seperate immobiliser key?