repair cost??

Asked by Nov 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM about the 1997 BMW Z3 2 Dr 1.9 Convertible

How bad are the maintenance and repair cost on this car? I'm looking into one thats a 97 with only 68k miles on it, but I want to know how bad I will get hurt down the road by owning this car.
Thanks

246,855

If you take it to a dealer you will pay more. If you have a local independent BMW or Foreign Mechanic nearby and or you do work yourself, you should be fine. Parts are more expensive, but labor should be the same as any domestic.

4,635

On this car there is a lot more maintenance and of course costs more. But as Tom said do your self and you will save a bunch. The z3 really aren't that bad of a car to own but be sure to have it checked out by some one who knows BMW's before you buy it, you don't want any down the road problems that could have been avoided.

20

A raccoon ran out in front of m last summer, and I was going slow enough/ hit the brakes fast enough to not kill the raccoon, and it still cost me over $1,000 to get the front bumper fixed. Parts are expensive, as are the front and rear specific 17" z rated performance tires (and the rears wear pretty quickly unless you drive like an old lady). Fun to own, fun to drive, but parts and repairs are not cheap. But it still is a blast to drive and turns heads after 17 years ;-)