WHERE DO I START DIAGNOSING NO START AFTER CHECKING TIMING AND SHORTING TERM .T & E1 TO CHECK TIMING .ENGINE STOP RUNNING AND MORE SPARK

Asked by Jun 24, 2013 at 05:52 PM about the 1985 Toyota Celica GT-S Coupe

twist the main crank around to TDC on the power stroke, this will align the camshaft and silent cam (what drives the distributor)...you can check now that all the timing marks make sense with respect to the markings can see if the rotor is firing on the one....align it so it does...turn the key and you'll be alright~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeEb5KvyURI

the distributor is driven by a helical gear on the 22-RE engine not a separate timing component...my bad mistook with so many others that do have this like mitsubishi and mazda...it's okay, you'll get it right~

this car is Awesome~ I had a '73 Toyota Celica or two and loved them to death...could go 75mph without breathin' hard in 1982~ with the 18R engine~