i have a 99 v6 camaro. i recently replaced all the fuses and now the SES light and Reduced Engine Power light came on and the throttle doesnt work. I cant drive it to get it looked at because the throttle doesnt work and im assuming its something simple because it only happened after i replaced all the fuses. how do i fix this?

10

Asked by Aug 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Base

i have a 99 v6 camaro.  i recently replaced all the fuses and now the SES light and
Reduced Engine Power light came on and the throttle doesnt work.  I cant drive it to get it
looked at because the throttle doesnt work and im assuming its something simple
because it only happened after i replaced all the fuses. how do i fix this?

I'm going to go ahead and blame your battery...has to be newer than five or will play hell with the alternator...insufficient ground causes many problems~ be sure to wirebrush the lug that attaches to the the chassis ground and the chassis ground where the lug bolts too providing reliable power...and ending these mysterious problems~

Why were you replacing fuses that were okay? didn't have a tester?

10

alright ill try that out thanks. i just bought the car and the headlights and turn signals were out along with a couple other things, wanted to replace it all before i bought new bulbs for everything if it didnt need it. it was running fine before i replaced those though so it might be the battery. thanks again for the help

6,725

After cleaning the ground as "judge_roy" stated. Go online and see if you can get the way to read the codes by a dash light blinking. Replacing a fuse is the same "scenario" as resetting a tripped fuse in your house electrical panel, it does not "cause" a problem but assists in showing you were the issue is located. Do you have "AAA" American Automobile Association or "ACA" Automobile Club of America membership thru your auto insurance or membership to a home goods wholesale foods membership (BJ's, SAM's Club, etc.) or ? They could move your car to a dealership to have it fixed. I would tell you to change the throttle position sensor first since (as you stated) the throttle doesn't work. First the electrical system would note a problem with the "Throttle Position Sensor" due to the ohm's not reading within parameters and trip the "SES - Service Engine Soon light" and when that wasn't corrected it would trip the "Reduced Engine Power Light".

6,435

May have to relearn the throttle body since it is electronic