86 Camaro sat for 10 yrs, turns over but no fuel pressure. replaced pump and don't hear it running. Also no spark either. tried to do diagnostic scan, but check engine light wont come on to read codes, also no oil or temp gauges light up either. It ran great before I stored it. Could it be the ECU causing the problems. Tested pwer to distributor and its fine. has power to coil as well.

10

Asked by Oct 12, 2014 at 02:43 AM about the 1986 Chevrolet Camaro Base

1986 Chevy Camaro V6 2.8 it turns over fine but no spark. Dist. is rusty inside and will replace. But don't think that will cause New fuel pump not to work either or Check engine light to operate to run a Scan for codes. checked all fuses with test light as well. it was stored for 10 yrs and Tee tops has leaked, mildew and moister inside. So I wonder if it Could have cause the ECU to go bad. can you test the ECU some how? Or just replace it and see how it goes. it was a great car for years and I like to drive it occasionally and restore it.

232,175

Sounds like you have a lot of moisture which contributed to rust. You will have to go through the wiring to find the issue on the fuel pump. Easy to test if you know what your doing. Change the fuel, oil and all fluids before you try to start it......http://www.ehow.com/how_5784463_start-car- after-lengthy-storage.html

10

I know what I am doing thank you very much. been working on cars Since I was 13 yrs old. I'm not a Novice by any means. Just thought someone else has same car and went through similar issues with a idea wear to look. I have a test light and get power to dist. module in and out, power to coil. Power to fuel pump. I am most sure its the ignition switch on the column from moisture being stored for so long. There is only so many parts it could be causing it. Seems That people here only have vague answers and minimal knowledge. sorry but your response was insulting. I've built more engines than I can count, from diesel to gas and any year to any make. so if you aren't experienced and have a good answer then don't answer at all. trust me I am a mechanic who knows what I am doing.Just asked if anyone had a good idea as to the source from there own experience. Sorry to sound rude, but the answer was insulting.