Water pooling on passenger side floor

9,885

Asked by Mar 24, 2014 at 06:38 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

Question on my vehicle. I wanted to know if anyone has had this same problem with their Blazer. I've got a good amount of water pooling on the floor on the passenger side. Obviously it happens when we get a lot of rain when the truck is just sitting there. So I know it's leaking in somewhere. For the life of me I can't find out where. I've inspected all around, pulled the carpet up, floor is solid, pulled the side kick plate trip piece off, dry. The windshield has been replaced 2 times. The amount of water is a lot, I thought it would be easy to find. Anyone have any tricks to find out where the water is coming from? Thanks

9,885

I think it's magic water, and it seeps in as a gas, then when it hits the carpet fibers it turns to liquid...

305

Have you gotten inside and had a friend run the garden hose on it..It has to be coming in on that side...

77,845

Have you cleaned out the fresh air intake drains down low just in front of the door opening? When it happens is it parked on an incline?

9,885

Thanks Doc and Mr. Shoes, I'm going to try the garden hose trick this week. It's actually suppose to get above freezing here in the northeast finally! The truck is parked on a level surface when it happens. I could definitely look at the fresh air intake for clogs.I haven't pulled anything apart yet other than the above mentioned. It's gotta be obvious.. I have an ice skating rink on the passenger side of my truck! lol.

16,195

2 things come to mind, heater core and eveporator drain. They are both on that side. If it was the heater core it would be coolant. If it was the evaporator then there would be water when ever the ac comperssor is on (ac or defrost)

9,885

Thanks guys. I found the where the water was coming in! Once I found it, it explains why none of the areas higher than the bottom of the floor were wet. I took my truck to the automatic car wash just tonight and kept an eye out for leaks. When it rained down a heavy rinse water it literally came pouring in the passenger side window seal about half way up the front dropping directly on the floor. It came in the window seal, not the door seal. At least I know where the mystery leak is now.