headlight out on 2004 Dodge Ram 5.6 Hemi

Asked by Nov 05, 2013 at 08:53 PM about the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab LB 4WD

headlight fuse or relay does not show up in fusebox under hood next to the battery.  is there another fusebox somewhere in the cab?

Is the headlight it self good? and did you check the connections to make sre they are clean and not corroted? Why do you think its a relay or a fuse? Both head lights would be on the same fuse or relay. There should be another fuse box under the dash or on the kick panal on the drivers side

If both headlights are out it is most likely your multy function switch on the colom of the truck. Have you tried to switch it fro low beam to beam?

Bought new lamps, Left still out... checked wire... no power...so jumped from the right headlight to buy me some time till I could further troubleshoot it and it lasted a couple days, then both went out. Got a new fuse box cover for the main panel by the battery and it has fuses and relays for everything, fog lights, tail lights, trailer lights, but no headlights. Bought a new switch as well and it wasn't that. So where is the headlight fuse or relay located? Dealership said bring it in...wouldn't tell me where it was...Assholes!!!

PS...High beams work, fog lights work, everything works except headlights, and there is no fuse or relay that I can find.

going through same difficulty. Dodge shop tells me it is the "front control module", located directly underneath the fuse box. A couple months ago, mechanic unplugged the module, waited 10-seconds, then plugged it back in (reset it like a computer). everything worked for about a month. today i am ordering a new Front Control Module, we will see.

My experience was that it is an intermittent pin connection between the front control modal and the rear modal. That is why unplugging and plugging them in worked for a while. It does not reset anything. What I found it was one of the last two large pins on the right side. One is for the left light and the other is for the right light. Just put a small bend on the pin for better contact. (a very small bend)

To add to my original post I should have stated that the last four pins, each control either high or low beam and either left or right headlight. If you look closely into the female plug in those locations you may see a burn spot from the bad connection. Use magnifying glass.

If it is burning the connection pins I would think there must be a short some wheres that is causeing it to draw to many amps

Or it may be what jimb089 says a bad conection in the pins could cause it to burn because it is arking

same problem with headlamps. left headlamp flickers on and off now and then,cant find a fuse or relay to swap or clean connections.sometimes not a problem and other times the lamp out chim keeps dinging off and on.twisted all pins and lightly oiled to stop any corosion,wiggled all wires without any improvment,all 15 amp fuses and above in the entire fuse box show some heat slight burn,probably from the way there manufactured,replaced bulb wires,connectors,COMPUTER CARS SUCK CARS..........