Turbo Problem

45

Asked by Jan 28, 2013 at 02:19 AM about the 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4 Dr Turbo Sedan

Im running the stock tdo4 turbo in my 05 srt4 and the map and tip sensors kept turning my check engine
light on so i replaced them both and when i boost and it hits like 19psi there is a loud pop out of my
exhaust and the engine light comes on and then it only boosts to 4000rpm if i turn the car off and back
on it stops until i hit 19psi but i lowered my boost to 17psi and it still jumps to 19-21psi when im
boosting any suggestions on what is going on? and i have a agp aftermarket waste gate

96,905

19 psi sounds really high. What is the stock pressure supposed to be? What codes are turning the CEL on?

385

Stock pressure on the TD-04 on a stock setup is about 14psi. are you running the stock map and tip or the 3bar map and tip sensors?

45

14psi mine was running just fine at like 21psi got a new gauge and everything because i didnt think that was right because of research but it will spike up to 21 and ran fine then one day i raced a STI and i hit 140 and it made a loud ass pop and my light came on idk but thats a negative on the sensors i looked up and found 3bar map..........The code im unsure of im currently in Afghanistan but it was for the map sensor and tip sensor then one popped up for i believe a gasket not sure about that.

385

see if some one can tell you the code and ill continue to help you out